Probiotics help keep the friendly bacteria in your digestive system strong. A healthy gut benefits include:
- boosting immune system.
- preventing and treating urinary tract infections.
- improving digestive function.
- healing inflammatory bowel conditions like IBS (4)
- managing and preventing eczema in children.
- fighting food-borne illnesses.
Walk into your local market, and you will find an array of products containing probiotics. However, a new study conducted at Inverness found that many of these products provided minimal results.
The study did show that ingesting prebiotics was much more beneficial. Prebiotics can be found in foods like chicory, miso, sauerkraut and kombucha. They also found that adding kefir to one's diet boosted health bacteria strains dramatically.